Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

I'd like to start off saying that I will most likely be posting about Alaska fishing a lot and it is due to this strange obsession I have with wanting to retire and live there sometime in the future. This strange fascination with the great state of Alaska came from a tv show; Sarah Palin's Alaska. This fun fact about me in no way means I am a supporter of Palin, but watching that woman trying to hunt and fish on tv, really makes for some quality entertainment. Besides that, the show really gives a good sense of what a lot of Alaska's wildlife activities are as well as some great looks into all kinds of fishing they have there. If you are ever in need of a good laugh and a glimpse of Alaska, I would highly suggest it.

Anyhow, back to purpose of this blog. The Kenai Peninsula.
This peninsula is home to many wild salmon (of course), wild native rainbow trout, Dolly Varden, and some Grayling. It allows for many fishing types, but personally I would definitely do more fly fishing than anything. However I would also invest time into a salmon run as well due to the fact that Alaska is one of the best places to take an swing at some salmon. According to multiple sources, the Kenai Penisula has one of the most productive ecosystems in Alaska. Therefore providing an abundance of fish to catch.

For more insight to Alaska fishing check out Rudy's Alaska Fishing Blog


1 comment: